A high-quality bespoke furniture and upholstery maker.
Development of a range of real-world furniture samples that meet the briefs of large potential contracts.
Advance in Science or Technology
To develop sample furniture ranges the company had to:
- Design new furniture structure and panel techniques
- Incorporate different materials like stone, glass and metal into designs
- Design and test different finishes, stitching patterns, studs and manufacturing techniques
In this manufacturing R&D claim, the company had to investigate the following aspects of every client brief:
- Should they use wood or steel in the structures?
- Should the upholstery be stitched, folded or pulled-in using buttons or studs?
- What paint, stain or varnish would create the desired finish effect?
- Would they need to develop unique tools to create the samples?
- Could all components be sourced or created in-house?
Total Business Benefit
£35K Corporation Tax rate reduction.